AngMinero
  • Home
  • News
  • Features
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
AngMinero
  • Home
  • News
  • Features
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
AngMinero
No Result
View All Result
Home News

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

AngMinero News by AngMinero News
February 18, 2026
in News
27 1
0
DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas
84
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Department of Energy (DOE) has launched a new Pre-Determined Area (PDA) Bid Round which offers 18 coal mining blocks for bidding, including 10 located in Semirara Island.

In a media release dated February 18, the DOE said the coal blocks will be awarded through Coal Operating Contracts (COCs) under Department Circular DC 2026-02-004. The offering covers 10 blocks in Semirara and eight additional blocks in Cagayan and Isabela.

The department said the bid round is part of its process for allocating coal resources through a competitive and transparent mechanism. Interested parties will undergo a qualification-based selection process in accordance with existing rules.

In response to clarification, the DOE confirmed that the 10 Semirara blocks are covered by Coal Operating Contract No. 5 (COC5). A coal operating contract grants the holder the exclusive right to explore, develop, and produce coal within a designated contract area, still subject to regulatory requirements.

The inclusion of Semirara blocks under COC5 comes after the DOE previously indicated that Semirara Mining and Power Corp.’s (SMPC) existing coal operating contract in Antique may not be renewed outright and could instead be subjected to auction. While the department has not directly linked the PDA bid round to that earlier development, the new offering covers blocks within the same contract area referenced in prior discussions.

Under a PDA bid round, the government identifies specific coal blocks for public offering and awards contracts through a structured evaluation process. Selection is based on compliance with qualification standards set by the DOE.

SMPC, in its most recent disclosure to the Philippine Stock Exchange, has clarified that it has not received any formal response from the DOE regarding its request for term adjustment under COC5. The company reiterated that its current COC remains valid until July 14, 2027 and that its operations continue uninterrupted. The company also said in the statement that if the formal bidding process is confirmed, the company is prepared to submit the appropriate mine plan and documentations required.

Who will ultimately secure the Semirara blocks covered by COC5 under the PDA bid round?

Follow Ang Minero onFacebookandLinkedInfor more updates.

 

Tags: Coal Operating Contract No. 5DOE coal bid round 2026DOE DC 2026-02-004Philippine coal operating contractsPre-Determined Area coal blocksSemirara coal blocks auctionSemirara COC5

Related Posts

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure
News

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026
DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet
News

DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

February 18, 2026
Silangan enters final commissioning phase before first production
News

Silangan enters final commissioning phase before first production

February 18, 2026
DMCI Mining posts record nickel output in 2025
News

DMCI Mining posts record nickel output in 2025

February 9, 2026
PH, US sign MOU to develop critical minerals and rare earths sector
News

PH, US sign MOU to develop critical minerals and rare earths sector

February 6, 2026
DENR seizes PHP 133M equipment in Angono, Rizal illegal quarrying case
News

DENR seizes PHP 133M equipment in Angono, Rizal illegal quarrying case

February 6, 2026

FEATURED POST

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026
MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026
‘The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:’ Enmintech’s Myke Jones weighs UAVs in mining exploration

‘The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:’ Enmintech’s Myke Jones weighs UAVs in mining exploration

February 18, 2026
DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

February 18, 2026

EDITOR PICK'S

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026

‘The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:’ Enmintech’s Myke Jones weighs UAVs in mining exploration

February 18, 2026

DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

February 18, 2026

Silangan enters final commissioning phase before first production

February 18, 2026

DMCI Mining posts record nickel output in 2025

February 9, 2026

PH, US sign MOU to develop critical minerals and rare earths sector

February 6, 2026

Recent News

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026
MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026

Category

  • Business
  • Features
  • News
  • Uncategorized

Follow us

  • Setup menu at Appearance » Menus and assign menu to Footer Navigation

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.

No Result
View All Result

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In