AngMinero
  • Home
  • News
  • Features
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
AngMinero
  • Home
  • News
  • Features
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
AngMinero
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

PH gov’t stands firm on open-pit mining ban in 26 locations

AngMinero News by AngMinero News
September 11, 2017
in Business, News
27 1
0
PH gov’t stands firm on open-pit mining ban in 26 locations
84
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

In a move to prevent further environmental damage in the 41 mining sites in the country, President Rodrigo Duterte reiterates his support to the open-pit mining ban but considers giving mining firms “enough elbow room for eventual change in the modality of getting what’s inside the bowels of the earth.”

The suspension was originally launched by then-DENR (Department of Environment and Natural Resources) Chief Gina Lopez during her 10-month service, contending that open-pit operations destroy opportunities in places where economic or agricultural productivity can be done.

Duterte, who last week had a televised speech on the matter, said that the extraction process was a “dangerous environmental activity”.

Current Environment Chief Roy Cimatu also echoed the President’s sentiments earlier in July, saying that he would not lift the ban until the government decides on the fate of the shuttered mines.

While open-pit mining is legalized by the national mining law, Lopez implemented the open-pit suspension on 26 out of the 41 mines across the country, which includes the $5.9 billion Tampakan copper-gold project in South Cotabato, Mindanao — the biggest mining venture yet.

The Tampakan open-pit mine venture was supposedly be carried out way back in 2010, but failed due to the open-pit mining suspension in the same year.

“I really don’t like Tampakan [project] at all,” Lopez told reporters. “It’s a 700-football field-size open-pit mine on top of ricefield and agricultural lands affecting four provinces and six rivers.”

Glencore Plc, a commodities trader that has taken an ownership interest in the copper-gold project, completed its exit in 2015.

Meanwhile, the Chamber of Mines of the Philippines (COMP) group is trying to convince the government otherwise, citing that open-pit mining can be done responsibly as it is “the only viable way” to extract minerals, such as ore, in the country.

“Open-pit mining per se is not bad. Compared to underground mining, open pit mining is safer. [It is] also cost efficient,” COMP spokesman Ronald Recidoro said.

toto togel

toto slot

situs togel

sydney night

bento4d

situs slot

bento4d

toto togel

slot resmi

slot gacor

togel online

bento4d

toto

togel online

toto slot

situs toto

situs togel

thepubtheatre

situs togel

situs slot

situs toto

slot gacor

slot online

togel online

situs slot

slot gacor hari ini

togel online

situs toto

slot gacor hari ini

toto slot

bento4d

rtp live

togel online

rtp slot

link slot

toto slot

toto togel

slot resmi

situs hk

toto togel

toto slot

situs toto

toto slot

situs togel

toto togel

slot online

toto togel

togel online

toto slot

link gacor

bandar togel

slot gacor hari ini

togel online

situs slot

toto slot

situs gacor

toto slot

pafibulelengkab.org

situs togel

bento4d

situs toto

rtp slot

slot resmi

toto slot

toto slot

toto slot

bento4d

slot gacor

situs toto

situs toto

toto slot

slot gacor hari ini

situs slot

desaparhorboan.id/listing

situs slot

lawrencehealthcenter.com

baselyne.io

hsddonline.com

bandar togel

link slot

rtp slot

slot gacor hari ini

toto togel

link togel

toto slot

link slot

link slot

link gacor

situs slot

link slot

situs togel

rtp slot

situs toto

link slot gacor

bandar togel

library.iihs.co.in

toto slot

situs slot

www.ginnimedia.com/about-us/what-we-do

slot gacor

togel resmi

slot gacor hari ini

bento4d

slot gacor

toto slot

link slot gacor

link slot gacor

toto slot

situs gacor

link slot

toto slot

artikel penelitian aceh

situs slot

togel resmi

slot gacor

situs togel

situs slot

slot online

rtp slot

situs toto

situs toto

situs toto

situs toto

toto togel

situs toto

situs toto

situs toto

situs toto

situs togel

situs toto

situs toto

situs toto

situs toto

situs togel

situs togel

situs togel

situs togel

situs togel

situs togel

situs toto

situs togel

situs togel

situs togel

situs toto

situs toto

alexkong.mx.com

situs toto

situs toto

slot gacor

slot gacor

situs toto

Related Posts

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas
News

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026
MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure
News

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026
DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet
News

DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

February 18, 2026
Silangan enters final commissioning phase before first production
News

Silangan enters final commissioning phase before first production

February 18, 2026
DMCI Mining posts record nickel output in 2025
News

DMCI Mining posts record nickel output in 2025

February 9, 2026
PH, US sign MOU to develop critical minerals and rare earths sector
News

PH, US sign MOU to develop critical minerals and rare earths sector

February 6, 2026

FEATURED POST

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026
MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026
‘The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:’ Enmintech’s Myke Jones weighs UAVs in mining exploration

‘The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:’ Enmintech’s Myke Jones weighs UAVs in mining exploration

February 18, 2026
DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

February 18, 2026

EDITOR PICK'S

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026

‘The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:’ Enmintech’s Myke Jones weighs UAVs in mining exploration

February 18, 2026

DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

February 18, 2026

Silangan enters final commissioning phase before first production

February 18, 2026

DMCI Mining posts record nickel output in 2025

February 9, 2026

PH, US sign MOU to develop critical minerals and rare earths sector

February 6, 2026

Recent News

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026
MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026

Category

  • Business
  • Features
  • News
  • Uncategorized

Follow us

  • Setup menu at Appearance » Menus and assign menu to Footer Navigation

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.

No Result
View All Result

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In