AngMinero
  • Home
  • News
  • Features
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
AngMinero
  • Home
  • News
  • Features
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
AngMinero
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Duterte slams mining anew, eyes total ban after 2019 polls

AngMinero News by AngMinero News
October 4, 2018
in News
28 0
0
Duterte slams mining anew, eyes total ban after 2019 polls
84
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

President Rodrigo Duterte slammed the mining sector anew as he mulled for a total ban after the 2019 mid-term polls Wednesday.

Duterte said the mining industry contributes P70 billion yearly to the government, but noted the amount is not enough to reverse the environmental degradation it caused.

“’Yan lang. Buong Pilipinas [na ‘yan], P70 billion. Tapos ang nasira na lupa, pag-repair mo lang sa landslide, lahat, pati [sa mga] patay, aabot siguro ng P70 billion times five,” he said during a rebel returnee assembly in Samar.

[The amount the mining industry contributes is just P70 billion. But it destroyed lands. We need to do repairs because of the landslides, and aid the victims. It will cost us P70 billion multiplied by five.]

The president previously noted that the congress has to repeal the law that allows the exploration and development of mineral resource in the country for the total ban to become possible. For this to happen, Duterte said he will try to get the support of newly-elected lawmakers in imposing a total ban on mining in the country after the 2019 mid-term polls.

“Ang problema, may batas. May batas na [nagpapahintulot] na may minahan dito sa Pilipinas. Hindi ako ang mag-ano niyan, [yung] kongreso. Pero pagkatapos ng eleksyon na ito, I will try na i-total ban ang mining,” the president explained.

[There is a law allowing mining in the country. I can no longer do something about it, since it’s already on Congress. But after the elections, I will try to totally ban mining.]

Duterte also ordered the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) to “take a second look” into the dangers of mining and renewed his call to end all mining operations in the country after two massive landslides claimed the lives of over a hundred people in Benguet, and Naga City, Cebu last month.

 

Photo Courtesy of Presidential Communications Office

bento4d

situs togel

slot gacor

situs toto

situs toto

bento4d

situs togel online

situs togel

sydney night

bento4d

situs slot

bento4d

situs togel

bento4d

slot resmi

situs gacor

situs slot

toto togel

toto slot

thepubtheatre

toto togel

slot gacor

toto slot

slot online

situs togel

toto slot

toto togel

bento4d

slot thailand

situs toto

gethighered.com

rtp slot

situs toto

toto slot

slot gacor hari ini

situs toto

toto slot

situs gacor

toto slot

slot resmi

situs toto

togel

slot online

www.leon.uml.edu.ni

toto slot

toto slot

situs toto

situs toto

situs togel

situs toto

situs slot

toto slot

situs gacor

toto togel

toto slot

toto togel

link slot gacor

toto togel

pafiboalemokab.org

toto togel

bento4d

toto slot

link slot

situs slot

togel online

slot resmi

toto togel

slot online

toto togel

eltiosam.com.mx/sucursales/

togel online

slot online

slot online

toto slot

commercialpressuresonland.org

homejamesglobal.com

prowlpr.com

situs slot

link gacor

toto slot

situs slot

slot online

situs gacor

toto slot

slot gacor

slot resmi

toto togel

slot online

situs gacor

link slot

slot gacor

toto slot

slot online

toto slot

situs gacor

toto togel

toto slot

slot online

link slot

situs toto

link slot

togel online

situs slot

link slot

togel online

slot thailand

slot thailand

slot gacor

slot online

slot gacor

jurnal kebidanan aceh

toto slot

toto togel

link slot

toto slot

maplweb.org

toto

slot thailand

slot online

toto slot

situs gacor

togel online

link slot gacor

c vcv

situs slot

slot gacor

situs slot gacor

togel online

slot gacor hari ini

slot gacor

toto slot

toto

toto

situs toto

toto slot

lokvirsa.org.pk/book-now/

situs gacor

toto togel

slot online

toto togel

slot online

slot gacor hari ini

link slot gacor

link slot

link slot

slot gacor

toto

toto slot

slot online

slot gacor

situs slot

Tags: dutertemid-term pollsminingtotal ban

Related Posts

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas
News

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026
MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure
News

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026
DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet
News

DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

February 18, 2026
Silangan enters final commissioning phase before first production
News

Silangan enters final commissioning phase before first production

February 18, 2026
DMCI Mining posts record nickel output in 2025
News

DMCI Mining posts record nickel output in 2025

February 9, 2026
PH, US sign MOU to develop critical minerals and rare earths sector
News

PH, US sign MOU to develop critical minerals and rare earths sector

February 6, 2026

FEATURED POST

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026
MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026
‘The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:’ Enmintech’s Myke Jones weighs UAVs in mining exploration

‘The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:’ Enmintech’s Myke Jones weighs UAVs in mining exploration

February 18, 2026
DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

February 18, 2026

EDITOR PICK'S

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026

‘The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:’ Enmintech’s Myke Jones weighs UAVs in mining exploration

February 18, 2026

DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

February 18, 2026

Silangan enters final commissioning phase before first production

February 18, 2026

DMCI Mining posts record nickel output in 2025

February 9, 2026

PH, US sign MOU to develop critical minerals and rare earths sector

February 6, 2026

Recent News

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026
MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026

Category

  • Business
  • Features
  • News
  • Uncategorized

Follow us

  • Setup menu at Appearance » Menus and assign menu to Footer Navigation

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.

No Result
View All Result

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In