AngMinero
  • Home
  • News
  • Features
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
AngMinero
  • Home
  • News
  • Features
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
AngMinero
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Duterte slams mining sector anew after Benguet landslides

AngMinero News by AngMinero News
September 18, 2018
in News
28 0
0
Duterte slams mining sector anew after Benguet landslides
84
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

President Rodrigo Duterte slammed the mining sector of the country anew following the deadly landslides in a mining town in Itogon, Benguet that killed dozens of small-scale miners over the weekend.
The president’s fresh tirade comes after Environment Roy Cimatu ordered the stoppage of all mining operations in the Cordillera Administrative Region.

In a command conference in the Capitol of La Trinidad Benguet on Monday night, Duterte blamed uncontrollable mining operations in the Cordilleras for the deaths of many small-scale miners.

“That mining thing has really contributed a lot of heartaches for the Filipino people. It is time for us, particularly the DENR, General (Roy) Cimatu, to take a second look seriously now regarding the dangers of open pit mining,” the chief executive said.

Duterte also said he is willing to forgo the P70 billion in revenues from the mining sector than let the country suffer more environmental damage.

“I admit we earn P70 billion a year. If you’re ready to accept that as a profit, let us make it simple for the country. But in the end, how much do you lose in the process.”

The president said he would confront the congress to stop all mining activities in the country, but noted the legislative branch would first have to repeal the Philippine Mining Act.

“One day, I will just have to confront Congress. Sabihin ko talaga sa kanila, we have to close the mining industry or better still, plan a period then give Mother Earth a respite the continued endless digging,” the president said.
In a separate press conference earlier in the day, Environment Secretary Roy Cimatu said the military and police will send troops to CAR to “effect the stoppage of all mining activities” especially in Itogon.

But Itogon Mayor Victorio Palangdan appealed to Cimatu to not halt the mining activities of some small-scale miners as long as they do not operate in hazard-prone areas.

The president, meanwhile, agreed with Cimatu’s move to halt all small scale mining operations in the region during the command conference.

 

Photo courtesy of PCOO

bento4d

situs togel

slot gacor

situs toto

situs toto

bento4d

situs togel online

situs togel

sydney night

bento4d

situs slot

bento4d

situs togel

bento4d

slot resmi

situs gacor

situs slot

toto togel

toto slot

thepubtheatre

toto togel

slot gacor

toto slot

slot online

situs togel

toto slot

toto togel

bento4d

slot thailand

situs toto

gethighered.com

rtp slot

situs toto

toto slot

slot gacor hari ini

situs toto

toto slot

situs gacor

toto slot

slot resmi

situs toto

togel

slot online

www.leon.uml.edu.ni

toto slot

toto slot

situs toto

situs toto

situs togel

situs toto

situs slot

toto slot

situs gacor

toto togel

toto slot

toto togel

link slot gacor

toto togel

pafiboalemokab.org

toto togel

bento4d

toto slot

link slot

situs slot

togel online

slot resmi

toto togel

slot online

toto togel

eltiosam.com.mx/sucursales/

togel online

slot online

slot online

toto slot

commercialpressuresonland.org

homejamesglobal.com

prowlpr.com

situs slot

link gacor

toto slot

situs slot

slot online

situs gacor

toto slot

slot gacor

slot resmi

toto togel

slot online

situs gacor

link slot

slot gacor

toto slot

slot online

toto slot

situs gacor

toto togel

toto slot

slot online

link slot

situs toto

link slot

togel online

situs slot

link slot

togel online

slot thailand

slot thailand

slot gacor

slot online

slot gacor

jurnal kebidanan aceh

toto slot

toto togel

link slot

toto slot

maplweb.org

toto

slot thailand

slot online

toto slot

situs gacor

togel online

link slot gacor

c vcv

situs slot

slot gacor

situs slot gacor

togel online

slot gacor hari ini

slot gacor

toto slot

toto

toto

situs toto

toto slot

lokvirsa.org.pk/book-now/

situs gacor

toto togel

slot online

toto togel

slot online

slot gacor hari ini

link slot gacor

link slot

link slot

slot gacor

toto

toto slot

slot online

slot gacor

situs slot

Tags: duterteItogonmining

Related Posts

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas
News

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026
MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure
News

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026
DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet
News

DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

February 18, 2026
Silangan enters final commissioning phase before first production
News

Silangan enters final commissioning phase before first production

February 18, 2026
DMCI Mining posts record nickel output in 2025
News

DMCI Mining posts record nickel output in 2025

February 9, 2026
PH, US sign MOU to develop critical minerals and rare earths sector
News

PH, US sign MOU to develop critical minerals and rare earths sector

February 6, 2026

FEATURED POST

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026
MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026
‘The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:’ Enmintech’s Myke Jones weighs UAVs in mining exploration

‘The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:’ Enmintech’s Myke Jones weighs UAVs in mining exploration

February 18, 2026
DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

February 18, 2026

EDITOR PICK'S

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026

‘The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:’ Enmintech’s Myke Jones weighs UAVs in mining exploration

February 18, 2026

DOE eyes bidding for Semirara contract; SMPC says no formal decision yet

February 18, 2026

Silangan enters final commissioning phase before first production

February 18, 2026

DMCI Mining posts record nickel output in 2025

February 9, 2026

PH, US sign MOU to develop critical minerals and rare earths sector

February 6, 2026

Recent News

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

DOE launches coal bid round offering 18 blocks, including Semirara areas

February 18, 2026
MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

MGB suspends Woggle exploration permit citing force majeure

February 18, 2026

Category

  • Business
  • Features
  • News
  • Uncategorized

Follow us

  • Setup menu at Appearance » Menus and assign menu to Footer Navigation

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.

No Result
View All Result

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In